Friday, May 14, 2010

The Good, The Bad The OMG I'M DRIVIN TO CALIFORNIA


...there's a kid flipping above our heads.. says Garrison...

So I just got back from a wonderful trip to Fayetteville. Always one the most beautiful, peaceful places for me to go. It has definitely grown since I went to college there in the 90s. Things change. People remain the same.


I was there for 5 days taking Continuing Education Courses for Massage Therapy. Last year State Legislation decided to royally screw us LMTs into taking more classes (18 hours total, each 6 hrs costs me about $500 = $1,500) and paying more fees as well as other goodies I won't get into. Legislation blows.



Anyway, I learned a lot and met a few great people. The two females I inquired about modeling happened to be models, so that was positive. I also learned that in the 350,00 person area, there are only 2 legit modeling agencies. Blew my mind. CMRG has picked up 6 new models this month, and I'll update ya on that ASAP. I got a lot on my plate.. when do I not right?



Today is Relay For Life here in Union County, and my wife being a cancer survivor of 10 years, (thyroid) is a monumental acheivement. Murphy Oil (where she works) decided to this year sponsor Thyroid Cancer Research.. pulls at the heart strings.
Paige is in charge of the Luminarias (candle lit bags) and the number is about to exceed 1,000. The last 8 years she has been on committee the number has only grown more and more. I'll help label the bags with the names and it astonishes me the number and the names of the people affected by cancer. People I went to school with, or people I grew up knowing who had either passed from or have survived.. mind blowing. Makes me realize that life is too fragile and short to sit still.. something that has always been difficult for me to do.


I'll get home about 2am, weather permitting, so I can go see (and DJ) Chad and Holly's wedding in Hot Springs on Saturday. I'll get back Saturday nite and get up early Sunday morning to drive to SAN DIEGO CALIFORNIA!!! I'm going to visit Jinjer, Raul, Hollywood, peeps, treats and skeets. Should be a fascinating 10 days. All for, except I left my iPod in Houston last trip, so I betta get to burning some CDs.. gah feels so primitive to do now.. I remember dubbing tapes.. technology right?


God Bless ya.. I'll take pictures and promise to write as time permits.


Love,
Michael

3 comments:

  1. Right on, Brother! Life is too short. Blessings to you and yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jeff! Blessings to you my friend! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see a blog about the California trip! Hint, Hint!! I've never been to Cali, so you have to share! :)

    ReplyDelete