Thursday, November 4, 2010

2011 And Change

When I'm on facebook or twitter, or watching videos on YouTube, I almost always hear people talk about change. Sure, life isn't easy and never perfect so I can see why change is a constant centerpiece in one's mind.
When I look back at the last 10 years or so, and start counting all the changes and adaptations necessary to be where I am today, I can say with detail it's staggering. For instance, it was 10 years ago I bought my first cell phone. I also got married and 9/11 happened 10 years ago... Lots of changes.
2011 will not prove any different for me than years previous when speaking about change. I will try my best to spend more family time (my NY RESO) so some of my business responsibility will pass to other hands.
Business-wise, this year will include putting all my resources into what has been successful for me to date. Hitting on some details:

-Begin collaboration on soundtracking and foley for an action film in late January
-Continue mastering and studio work as well as PR for the 870 Movement
-Will be making more videos, especially commercials. For instance, the Oasis Farms Commercial was a huge hit here locally in theaters.
-Have taken on the chair position of Logistics with Relay For Life this year. It's pretty awesome to be apart of something so meaningful to my wife and my family.
-Even though it takes a lot of time and energy, I gotta keep DJing. I love it way too much and was way too successful with it last year to quit.. it's like being paid to throw a party.. no really, it is.

Changes:
-Will spend less time involved with the CMRG modeling division as Chandra is doing a fantastic job with that branch of CMRGCORP. We had 5/8 of our models sign with high level agencies last year. I had a hard time with telling girls they were too short or putting them on diets. Chandra has a gift with that, so I gotta give the best.
-Will spend more weeks on family vacations this year. We have 4 years left raising up my oldest and my youngest isn't too far after that, so I realize more everyday that they will be off to college and beyond, all before I turn 40. :/ :( <--- sadness
-This is my final year on the theatre committee at SAAC. It has been a wonderful 3 years and I feel like this group has brought some of the best shows to date to our area. I'm gonna miss being on the committee.


Here are some memories of 2010:











Have a fantastic 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment